Orlando and Theme Park Travel Tip List
- Book U.S. domestic plane tickets 50-60 days before your departure for the best deal,according to an industry study. Start looking at prices about 15 weeks before your visit to find a deal you can afford, and be sure to book at least 29 days before you leave to avoid the highest prices. For trips to Europe, book 151 days before your flight. For Asia, book 129 days before your flight. Bing Travel offers a nice airfare predictor which can help you decide when to buy your tickets.
- Visiting theme parks from outside the U.S., you should buy medical insurance before visiting. There’s no national health care coverage in the United States, and your national health care plan does not apply here, so if you need medical care outside the theme parks, you will face charges of up to thousands of dollars if you do not buy insurance.
- To save money, don’t buy anything inside a theme park that you can buy outside the park. Bring medicine, toiletries, and whatever other supplies you might need from home, or buy them in a store away from the park, to avoid in-park markups.
- Follow your favorite theme parks on social media to learn about discounts and special events at the parks.
- If you’re thinking about visiting a theme park more than once during the year, consider buying an annual pass. Annual passholders typically get discounts on food and merchandise and might also get free or reduced-price parking.
- Anyone can reserve a dining time at Walt Disney World’s table service restaurants 180 days before your visit by calling +1-407-WDW-DINE.
- Most theme parks can accommodate people with food allergies or other dietary restrictions. Call the park’s restaurant reservation number in advance, or ask at the guest services office for help when you enter the park.
- If you see “(chips included)” in small print under the price of an item at a Disney food stand and don’t want them, just ask to not have the chips and you’ll save a couple bucks off the posted price.
Want More Travel Tips? Sign up for our Theme Parks Tips Series!